|Annah||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Dak'kon||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Grace||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Ignus||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Morte||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Nordom||Conversation guide / Banter|
|Vhailor||Conversation guide / Banter|
Vhailor, like the other companions, speaks at random intervals to acknowledge his selection, to announce that he has leveled up, to express his mood or feelings about the other companions, to complain about missing his target while attacking, to warn that he is about to die, or simply to show that he is bored. He also has some conversations with other companions.
Vhailor is voiced by Keith David.
Note: Banter with other companions in the original game is rare and it is possible to miss the vast majority of it (only 12 out of the 78 fully-voiced banters play). Qwinn's Tweak Pack contains a banter accelerator that fixes this problem, allowing most of the conversations to appear in one playthrough. Banter is usually initiated after resting or travelling.
Voice files Edit
Vhailor is voiced by Keith David.
- Selection: "I am Vhailor.", "What is thy bidding?", "Justice awaits.", "Awaiting.", "I await your command."
- Command:"As you command.", "Onwards.", "No mercy."
- Removed from party: "I will leave. But I will watch.", "I will watch this place in your absence.", "I will wait here."
- Added to party: "I will."
- Level Up: "Justice has fueled my efforts."
- Bored pronouncement: "While we wait, mercy and evil seeps into the hearts of more victims."
- Moody: none (there are relatively few locations left to go to once he joins, although one can imagine him having strong reactions to the denizens of the Hive, Lower Ward, and Clerk's Ward. Perhaps that would have made him too objectionable.)
- Insult: "Know the eye of the Mercykillers watch you."
Characters also have 'Inventory full', 'Encumbered, cannot run', 'Encumbered, cannot move', 'Bash success', 'Bash fail', 'Target immune to weapon', a comment when they leave the party, a statement when approached again after they have been removed from the party, and a greeting when they rejoin the party
When the player repeatedly selects him (such as hitting the number keys over and over):
- "Justice purges evil. Once all have been cleansed, the multiverse achieves perfection."
- "Mercy is a shield used by the weak."
- "Justice is the blade by which the Planes shall be cleansed."
- "Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes.
Combat comments Edit
- Critical miss: "You will not escape my axe again."
- Critical hit: "YIELD!"
- Attacked (damaged): "My armor has been breached."
- Target immune to weapon: "My axe cannot harm this creature."
- Appeal: "I am wounded."
- Death : "I am undone." (bugged, fixed in Fixpack 4.0), "I continue the battle beyond the Eternal Boundary." (unused, restored in Unfinished Business mod)
Vhailor says nothing when his companions die in combat.
Upon the Nameless One's resurrection:
- "At last. You have awakened."
- "If you are well, let us continue."
- "You have awakened."
- "You live again."
Equipment remarks Edit
- Inventory full, item dropped: "I could not carry it, so I was forced to drop it."
- Encumbered, cannot run: "I cannot run. I am carrying too much."
- Encumbered, cannot move: "I am carrying too much to move."
- Bash successful: "Opened."
- Bash failed: "I cannot force it."
If the player attempts to remove his default equipment:
- Armor: "That is mine, body and soul. You cannot have it."
- Weapon: "I will not relinquish that."
Vhailor and Morte Edit
- Vhailor: I find you disturbingly familiar, Nameless One.
- Morte: Trust me, you've never met him.
- Vhailor: You do not engender trust in me, skull.
Vhailor and Annah Edit
- Vhailor: I must ask again. Have we met before, Nameless One?
- Annah: Leave 'im alone already, ya don't know 'im.
- Vhailor: Your opinion is weightless in this matter, tiefling. Something is wrong. The truth shall reveal itself soon enough.
Vhailor and Fall-from-Grace Edit
- Vhailor: Is your piousness atonement for your sins against mortals, succubus?
- Grace: Such sins break no tanar'ri law, Vhailor. My path is my own, and one of free choice, not punishment.
Vhailor and Nordom Edit
- Nordom: I am told Justice is blind. Is this why Mercykillers exist?
- Vhailor: Justice is not blind. I am her eyes.
Unused files Edit
There are many files that were created for the game and never used, files that are in the game engine and were never used, and files that were not implemented at release but have been restored by patches.
Notable unused files for Vhailor:
- VHA023: "You have broken your word! You are a liar! A traitor to truth! An enemy to all honest men!"
- VHA027: "Executing sentence."