Character sound files re-mixed:
Fall-from-Grace decides to start using sarcasm again:
- Annah: "I donnae trust that succubus. She's a fiend, so she is! They're all a-like, waiting for yeh tae to drop yer guard before sinking her teeth into yer neck. Don't ye be takin' yer eye off that fat slat, or she'll turn on ya faster than yeh can blink. All fiends are like that, so they are." Grace: "It's like you're a little fallen angel."
- Grace: "Annah, were you raised in the Hive?" Annah: "Mind yer own business, Succubus, I've nothin' to say to ya." Grace: "Surely you are being too harsh on yourself."
- Annah: "So, uh, when are ya headin' back to yer knockin' shop, Succubus?" Grace: "Your verbal skills are quite potent. I should have you spend some time at the Brothel when we get back."
- Grace: "Annah, jealousy is a two-edged blade. If you kee-" Annah: "Jealous? I'm not jealous! I don't even know how to spell jealous. I just don't trust ye... and none of us do!" Grace: "Of course! That's why you're so cute."
Nordom calculates the relative probabilities of women in the group remaining engaged in conversation with Morte, as compared with Morte remaining engaged in conversation with Nordom:
- Morte: "Stupid clockwork reject." Nordom: "Morte, explain to me again why you would 'love to bite Annah'. Would this not provoke an attack?"
- Morte: "I can't believe we're traveling with a cube that talks to his crossbows." Nordom: "Annah! Morte wants to snuggle with your pillows!"
- Morte: "Nordom, will you stop clicking your crossbows, it's driving me barmy." Nordom: "Annah, is it true that you "dig" Morte?"
- Morte: "Hey Nordom! Knock knock." Nordom: "Fall-From-Grace, is it true that 'every woman thinks floating skulls are hot stuff'?"
Nordom calculates the relative probabilities of the cessation of Morte's banter through the mechanism of simply conversing within the boundaries of a subject that Morte is considerably less fond of: (too numerous to list, including:)
- Morte: "Hey, why don't you hop back to Mechanus, Nordom, huh?" Nordom: "Attention: Morte. I have a question. Do you have a destiny? A purpose?"
Annah decides to turn up the heat by interjecting herself into Grace's and Morte's dialogues with other party members:
- Grace: "You know, Nordom, you are perhaps the cutest little rogue modron I have ever encountered." Annah: "So, uh, when are ya headin' back to yer knockin' shop, Succubus?"
- Grace: "Your mastery of discipline is impressive, Dak'kon." Annah: "Well, I would take yeh at your word, but since ye succubi are all perfumed, lying harlots, I won't."
- Grace: "Morte, I must confess, I'm curious as to how you became a floating skull." Morte: "It's a long story involving the head of Vecna. I don't want to talk about it." Annah: "Oh sweet sufferin'! Powers, skull! Don't you ever get tired of hearin' yerself jabber?"
- Grace: "Your verbal skills are quite potent. I should have you spend some time at the Brothel when we get back." Annah: "Well...? It's where ye belong, so maybe ye should!"
...and, one dialogue just rewritten to be a good deal more cutting:
- Vhailor: "Is your piousness atonement for your sins against mortals, succubus?" Grace: "My piety is not a limitation I impose on myself, Vhailor. Is that why you limit your thinking to ignorant bigotry, then? As a handicap?"