The Silent King is the ruler of the Dead Nations. He sits upon the silent throne, which only allows live people upon it and does not release them until they pass into oblivion.
Accessing the throne room Edit
There are a few ways to access the Silent King's throne room:
- Pickpocket the key to the Dead Nations from Hargrimm the Bleak (turns the Dead Nations hostile when the key is used)
- Kill Hargrimm and take the key (turns the Dead Nations hostile)
- Attack the Giant Skeletons that guard the entrance to his chamber (turns the Dead Nations hostile)
- Ask Stale Mary to grant TNO access to the chamber (requires 16+ charisma, beware as this cannot be done if the Nameless One has already been released from the Dead Nations.)
Hargrimm and Stale Mary are in the Silent King's chamber when TNO enters. They reveal that the Silent King is actually dead, and that they have been ruling in his stead with the hopes of keeping their society as peaceful as possible. They have kept it a secret largely because of Acaste and her ghouls, who only behave because of the King.
They also cannot replace the king because none of their own can take the throne, since it only accepts the living. The Nameless One can offer to take the throne, but this will end his journey since the throne never releases its occupant.
If TNO says that he will tell the Dead Nations citizens, Hargrimm, Stale Mary, and several Giant Skeletons will attack.
- Lawful: Vowing not to tell anyone about the Silent King.
- Chaotic: Vowing not to tell anyone about the Silent King, then breaking the vow, telling either Acaste or Many-as-One.
- Chaotic: Lying that TNO will not reveal the Silent King's fate.