|“||What can change the nature of a man?||”|
Ravel Puzzlewell was a night hag of the Gray Wastes. A powerful witch, she is the one responsible for making the Nameless One immortal.
As is discovered during the course of the game, Kesai-Serris is the daughter of Ravel.
According to Yvana, the old woman who runs the Art and Curio Galleria, Ravel possibly came to Sigil to pursue "arcane experiments." She was an adept at solving puzzles – hence her name – and was plagued by one question over all others: "What can change the nature of a man?"
To many people she posed this question, promising to teach her arcane gift to any who could answer, but none could.
Eventually she became something of a legend after being caged by the Lady.
- See Black-Barbed Maze for more information.
Ravel is first directly encountered within the Black-Barbed Maze. After a lengthy conversation in which many questions can be answered, the Nameless One will have to be on his way. Ravel objects to his attempted departure and initiates combat.
After Ravel has been defeated within the Black-Barbed Maze, a few items can be looted from her body:
- Fiendish Eye of Kalem'Darr
- 3 Black-Barbed Charms
- 3 Heart Charms
- Scroll of blacksphere? (Possibly dependent on other things. Verify.)
- Ravel's Fingernail
Combat stats Edit
- Immune to paralysis
|XP Value||Saves vs.||Death||Wands||Poly||Breath||Spell|
|Resistances vs. damage type|
|Fire||Cold||Electicity||Acid||Magic||Mag. Fire||Mag. Cold||Slash||Crush||Pierce||Missile|
Ravel has the following spells memorized:
- Black-Barbed Curse
- Black-Barbed Shield
- Cloak of Warding
- Vampiric Touch
- Acid Storm
Fragments of RavelEdit
Because of Ravel's strange nature, she has existed in Sigil in different forms as different people. It is possible for the Nameless One to encounter them on his journey. Unfortunately, after Ravel's death their existences begin to unravel and their lives end. The Nameless One can visit them again before they die.
- Ei-Vene: information needed regarding conversation after visiting the Black-Barbed Maze.
- Marta: information needed regarding conversation after visiting the Black-Barbed Maze.
- Mebbeth: if visited in Ragpicker's Square after Ravel's death, Mebbeth will ask the Nameless One for one of the Black-Barbed Seeds he acquired in the Black-Barbed Maze. Giving it to her grants 120,000 XP.
See the alignment section under Black-Barbed Maze.