|This page contains information about content that has not yet been released and is subject to change.|
You can help Torment Wiki by updating the page when more information becomes available.
The Oasis of M'ra Jolios is an aquatic dome of a city in the exact center of a circular desert known as the Lost Sea.
The Oasis is a vast globe of water, suspended between great curved obelisks, seemingly impervious to the heat of the desert. But the city is not alone in the desert, an air-breathing town has formed on the outskirts of the dome, Jerboa. These two cities have grown alongside each other for generations, and have a symbiotic relationship, the Oasis providing Jerboa with life sustaining water, and Jerboa bringing trade and tourism to M'ra Jolios.
No one knows how or why the city was created.
Inhabitants EditThe Oasis is home to a variety of water-dwelling creatures, including humanoids with fins for legs, flippers for hands or dorsal fins on their backs. Air-breathing denizens also make their home in the watery dome, using various apparatuses to compensate for their lack of natural gills.
- The Oasis of M'ra Jolios was added to the game after reaching the $4 million stretch goal during Torment's Kickstarter.
- It was originally supposed to be the second major city, but the development team decided later on to focus on The Bloom instead. The Oasis is still in the game, but has a smaller role at this point.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 As described in Update #37 on the official Torment Tumblr
- ↑ List of stretch goals on Torment's official Tumblr
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/1770943