Ice Knife is a 2nd Level Mage Spell that throws ice daggers at the enemy.
- "Daggers of ice can be conjured that not only strike the intended target but can spread cold as ice in water."
This spell fires a magical ice dagger at a target. The caster must successfully hit with his normal missile attack roll. A successful hit causes 2-8 pts. of damage per dagger. When the ice knife strikes a solid object or a creature, the knife shatters, releasing a wave of numbing cold. All creatures w/in a 5' radius must make a successful saving throw vs. paralyzation or suffer 1-4 pts. of cold damage and have a -2 penalty to their attack rolls. If the attack roll misses, the Ice Dagger will 'fall to the ground' 2 feet past (using the same trajectory that it originally took) the intended target. The Ice dagger will then remain on the ground for 2 seconds. If any creature touches this ice dagger during that time it will immediately shatter, and emit a cold wave (as above). If not, then after the elapsed time it will melt away. Finally, the caster gains 1 additional Ice Dagger for every 2 levels after 3rd level, for a maximum of 5 Daggers. The subsequent Daggers can be fired off by a subsequent 'click' on the same (or another) target.
This spell can be learnt from a Scroll of Ice Knife, which can be found:
- Inner Mausoleum, on Strahan Runeshadow's corpse after he is defeated.
- Curst Underground, in a barrow (X=2060 Y=3250)
- Curst in Carceri, in a crate (X=730 Y=700)
Or bought from:
|Cinder's Magic Shoppe||Lower Ward||1||120%|
|Gaerien's Dead Looter Booty||Dead Nations||1||120%|
|Kester the Distiller||Inner Curst||1||125%|
|Lady Thorncombe||Civic Festhall||Unlimited||140%|
- If the Nameless One casts Ice Knife, his party members receive a permanent decrease to their THAC0 until they are killed or resurrected. This bug is fixed in Qwinn's Fixpack, affecting only enemies, as intended.