- "This heavy dodecahedron - about the size of both your fists balled together - seems inexplicably familiar to you. Its texture is cold and smooth, but whether it's metal or stone, you cannot tell. A certain, almost intangible 'tension' runs over the object, as if it were ready to spring into the air at any moment"
The Dodecahedron is an enchanted journal left behind by a previous incarnation of the Nameless One.
It is booby-trapped, but can be opened without setting off any traps if the Nameless One enough intelligence:
- Int 9 or greater for the first four pages
- Int 13 or greater for the next four pages
- Int 16 or greater for the final four pages
The pages can still be read if the above intelligence requirements are not met, but every four pages a trap will be triggered. For each trap set off, the Nameless One will take 25 HP damage.
Once open (5,000 XP), it is apparent that the puzzle is a journal of sorts written in a strange language. There is a linguist in the Clerk's Ward named Finam. He can tell the language is Uyo, but doesn't know the language enough to translate it. His father Fin knew the language, but was murdered by one of his students.
There are two ways the Nameless One can learn the Uyo language to translate the journal:
- Retrieve Finam's Book from the Brothel of Slaking Intellectual Lusts (first room on the left after entering). In return, Finam will give the Nameless One his father's notes on the Uyo language (25,000 XP).
- Use the Stories-Bones-Tell ability on Fin's urn, which is in Finam's home. He will teach the Nameless One the language of the Uyo (8,000 XP).
For the most XP, learn the Uyo language from Fin's ashes and then return Finam's book to him. Reading the journal (10,000 XP) will provide helpful information on Ravel Puzzlewell, a legacy to be claimed, and something hidden within the Nameless One's intestines (see Marta).
This strange journal can be found on a shelf (X=2600 Y=670) in TNO's old room in the Civic Festhall's living area. In order to access the room, TNO must join the Sensates faction, or at least, Splinter must be deceived and convinced that TNO is already a member.