The Dead Nations comprise an area adjacent to the Weeping Stone Catacombs.
Here, the dead have spontaneously risen, and zombies, ghouls and skeletons form a sort of society, ruled over by the Silent King. The Dead Nations are at war with the rat collective in the Warrens of Thought.
As soon as the party enters this area, they are confronted by a skeleton priest by the name of Hargrimm. The Nameless One can either fight them, which turns all the inhabitants hostile, makes the quests unavailable, and TNO more evil and chaotic, or surrender peacefully and become prisoner (which is the recommended course of action.)
To view X, Y coordinates in-game, press L.
Click the map to enlarge it.
There are several characters of note in this area:
- Hargrimm the Bleak (wanders the halls)
- Soego (X=2660 Y=890)
- Silent King
- Stale Mary (X=570 Y=2840)
- Nameless Zombie (X=1875 Y=1940)
- Puzzled Skeleton (X=2330 Y=1700)
- Riddling Skeleton (X=2010 Y=2900)
- Knifed Ghoul (X=3200 Y=2830)
- Doubtful Skeleton (X=1450 Y=2400)
- Acaste (X=2200 Y=2900)
And even a skeleton merchant:
There are several ways of gaining experience in the Dead Nations, provided TNO has surrendered and not fought when first entering the area. See each individual character page for more detailed information on conversations and quests.
- 2000 XP for finding and reading Soego's journal.
- 3750 XP for telling Hargrimm about Soego.
- 3750 XP for killing rats for Hargrimm.
- 7500 XP either for getting Hargrim speak to the Silent King on TNO's behalf, or for getting the information about the portal to the Skilen King's domain from Stale Mary.
- 6250 XP for solving the Puzzled Skeleton's riddle, OR
- 6250 XP for solving the riddle with the Riddling Skeleton.
- 3750 XP for learning the Stories-Bones-Tell ability from Stale Mary.
- 600 XP for acquiring Uhir's knife from the Knifed Ghoul.
- 5000 XP for telling the Nameless Zombie to get a new name.
There are a few items in the area.
- Scroll of Blood Bridge (X=1075 Y=600)
- 500 Copper Commons (X=1680 Y=340)
- 2 Battle Axes (X=1740 Y=385)
- Battle Axe of Quality (X=1740 Y=385)
- 10 Bandages (X=2600 Y=580)
- 3 Bone Charms (X=1840 Y=1270)
- Rusty Dagger (X=1960 Y=1290)
- Bone Dagger (X=1960 Y=1290)
- Charcoal Charm (X=2000 Y=1830)
- 324 Copper Commons (X=525 Y=1770)
- 2 Clot Charms (X=2525 Y=1685)
- Wooden Club (X=2500 Y=1600)
- 3 Bandages (X=1900 Y=3250)
- 2 Rusty Daggers (X=1015 Y=850)
|Mortuary Area (Mortuary | Gathering Dust Bar | Mausoleum) • Northwestern Area • Marketplace Area • Smoldering Corpse Area (Smoldering Corpse Bar | Fell's Tattoo Parlor) • Alley of Dangerous Angles • Ragpicker's Square|
|Under the Hive|
|Trash Warrens • Buried Village (Pharod's Court) • Weeping Stone Catacombs • Dead Nations • Warrens of Thought • Drowned Nations • Tomb of the Nameless One|
|Tenement of Thugs • Alley of Lingering Sighs • Lower Ward (Great Foundry | Bones of the Night) • Clerk's Ward (Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts | Civic Festhall) • Undersigil|
|Player's Maze • Modron Maze • Black-Barbed Maze|
|Outlands and Hells|
|Outer Curst (Traitor's Gate Tavern) • Inner Curst • Curst Underground • Curst Prison • Outlands • Baator (Pillar of Skulls) • Curst Gone • Curst in Carceri • Curst Administration|
|Fortress of Regrets|
|Fortress Entrance • Fortress Main Hall • Trial of Impulse • Maze of Reflections • Fortress Roof|