The Clerk's Ward is an affluent ward in Sigil, home to the better paid, better educated, and better-trained residents of the Wards. It is the center of bureaucracy and the Society of Sensation make their headquarters there.
- Fall-from-Grace's Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts, where a good percentage of the quests in this area originate, is in the north of center. The map note has a typo and reads "Slating" instead of "Slaking"
- The Art and Curio Galleria to the south of center
- The Advocate's House is just to the west of the Art and Curio Galleria. The Advocate, Iannis, is Deionarra's father. The Nameless One can Vow to return news of his daughter to him upon first entering the Ward, but most of his dialogue comes later
Clockwise from the zone exit to the Lower Ward in the northwest, the buildings and other exits on the edges of the Clerk's Ward are:
- Gonclaves' Tailory. An easily discharged task from a disgruntled customer outside, and expensive items for Annah and Grace inside, which Annah's Pickpocketing skill can make very inexpensive (Steal button on the buy screen)
- Exit to Undersigil
- The Civic Festhall. The origin of all but two of the rest of the Clerk's Ward quests
- Pestle and Kilnn's Apothecary. Too many polymorph potions at once is bad for you, kids
- The Curiosity Shoppe run by Vrischika. She sells normal magical items, and exotic items, some of which are used in quests; examining a bloodstained ground glass lens in the back of the shop leads to the Ghysis the Crooked quest
- Finam the Linguist's Home. His journal can be found in the Brothel, but he will not discuss anything until later
- Exit to Undersigil
- Aelwyn: one of two beings in Sigil whose speech changes reality, the other is her friend Nemelle
- Drunken Mage 460, 2475
- Eli Havelock thief trainer. 2000, 1520 near the Brothel
- Nemelle: West side of the ward. See Aelwyn, and also the carrier of the word that activates the Decanter of Endless Water to free Ignus
- Able Ponder-Thought
- Salabesh the Onyx
- Sarhana Vjhul: With both Annah and Fall-from-Grace in the party, among other possible conditions+, Sarhana and two bodyguards each called "Sarhana's Toady" will appear in front of the Civic Festhall, their conversation spiked with the occasional floating text of: "::Drunken Laughter::", calling out for The Nameless One's attention, and "By every Power and its mother, what in the hells be that?" Should TNO question her, she begins to ridicule Annah, calling her a gutter-queen, whereupon Fall-from-Grace shames her, rebukes her actions and expresses her disappointment in Sarhana, her former student. Sarhana apologizes profusely, blaming her actions on "the drink" and walks away, and will not speak further with TNO, although she and her Toadies remain in the area. There is a typo in Grace's speech, calling Sarhana "Vhjul" instead of "Vjhul"
- +Due to the late timing of Sarhana's appearance, and zero information about her on the web, it is impossible to narrow down the conditions that trigger her appearance. All quests were completed in Clerk's Ward, including sending the thief trainer back to the Festhall
- Thug Boss west of the Curiosity Shoppe
The rest of the Clerk's Ward quests are mentioned above; there is only one quest initiated in the Clerk's Ward outdoors area itself. And arguably it is a subquest of the Ignus quest which is arguably a subquest of the Decanter of Endless Water quest which is...
- Nemelle requests The Nameless One find her friend Aelwyn at 3615, 2450
- See Nine students walkthrough for the majority of quests in this area
To view X, Y coordinates in-game, press L.
Click the map to enlarge it.
Leaving Sigil Edit
- This is the last area in Sigil, although there are many areas to visit to complete the portal to Ravel's Maze. Once the portal is entered, there will not be an opportunity to return until after coming to Curst Prison, in which the potential Companion Vhailor can be found. If the party is full with six companions, then he can be recruited for the XP, but either he or another Companion will be lost forever in Curst Prison, as there is no coming back. Players should leave Sigil for Ravel's Maze with five or fewer companions.
|Mortuary Area (Mortuary | Gathering Dust Bar | Mausoleum) • Northwestern Area • Marketplace Area • Smoldering Corpse Area (Smoldering Corpse Bar | Fell's Tattoo Parlor) • Alley of Dangerous Angles • Ragpicker's Square|
|Under the Hive|
|Trash Warrens • Buried Village (Pharod's Court) • Weeping Stone Catacombs • Dead Nations • Warrens of Thought • Drowned Nations • Tomb of the Nameless One|
|Tenement of Thugs • Alley of Lingering Sighs • Lower Ward (Great Foundry | Bones of the Night) • Clerk's Ward (Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts | Civic Festhall) • Undersigil|
|Player's Maze • Modron Maze • Black-Barbed Maze|
|Outlands and Hells|
|Outer Curst (Traitor's Gate Tavern) • Inner Curst • Curst Underground • Curst Prison • Outlands • Baator (Pillar of Skulls) • Curst Gone • Curst in Carceri • Curst Administration|
|Fortress of Regrets|
|Fortress Entrance • Fortress Main Hall • Trial of Impulse • Maze of Reflections • Fortress Roof|