- "These malevolent seeds contain a portion of the black-barbed maze within themselves. Their power is activated when the seed is hurled at the ground in front of an opponent – when the seed strikes the ground, it sprouts into black-barbed black branches that tear hungrily into the victim's body. Each seed contains only one such curse."
When used, this item:
- Casts the 2nd level mage spell Black-Barbed Curse, which summons a swirling mass of black barbs that deal piercing damage to an enemy.
- Allows mages to copy the Black-Barbed Curse spell into their Spell Book.
The seed can be used once before it disappears.
- 11 Int= 1 seed
- 12 to 16 Int= 3 to 6 seeds
- 17+ Int= 6 seeds and a Black-Barbed Charm