Awaiting-Death is much too eager for his own demise even according to other Dustmen around the bar. Speaking to him yields nothing until The Nameless One is about to take his leave. Then, he opens up, and the quest can be resolved several different ways:
- If The Nameless One has died already since the start of the game, he can tell him what lies on the other side.
- TNO can also snap his own neck to show him the "power of death".
- TNO can ask him why he hasn't killed himself yet and in exchange for money, he'll ask TNO to do it for him. Halfway through the strangulation, he'll realize he wants to live. TNO can then free him, or go through with killing him anyway.
- Chaotic: Saying "Truth: Well, considering that death and I aren't on speaking terms anymore, I considered it a no-lose proposition." when he asks why TNO signed the Contract.
- Evil: Demanding payment for killing him.
- Evil & Chaotic: Taking his money and running without killing him.
- Evil & Chaotic: Actually killing him. (Everyone in the bar will turn hostile.)
- Lawful: Giving the money back after freeing him.
- Chaotic: Keeping the money after freeing him.
- 500 XP for talking him out of his suicidal tendencies.
- 35 XP for killing him (+250 XP from a memory that surfaces).
- 250 XP more for giving Emoric thoughts about Awaiting-Death.
Combat stats Edit
Awaiting death fights with a Jagged Knife. When killed, which is extremely easy to accomplish, he drops a random low level treasure.
|XP Value||Saves vs.||Death||Wands||Poly||Breath||Spell|
|Resistances vs. damage type|
|Fire||Cold||Electricity||Acid||Magic||Mag. Fire||Mag. Cold||Slash||Crush||Pierce||Missile|